TLS has been recognized as an industry leader in the sales and marketing of food grade industrial ingredients. We are a full service Canadian broker who represents a wide range of leading ingredients suppliers that are technically innovative and highly ethical.
Our expertise includes sourcing industrial ingredients globally and assisting with technical queries and market research. We also assist with the development and introduction of new ingredient applications through our established connections with many research and development labs.
Evolution of Ingredients
The food industry is changing rapidly with advancements in technology, and the consumer’s more intense scrutiny of the ingredients within the products they are purchasing. TLS works with our Ingredient Supplier Partners to help Canadian manufacturers find innovative solutions to an evolving marketplace.
TLS offers many ingredients, Natural, Organic, GMO Project Verified, Gluten Free, Vegan, etc. to aid our customers in developing new formulations and applications. Our Ingredient portfolio offers unique solutions to the Bakery, Dairy, Food Processing, Beverage, and Meat industries.
TLS also offers:
Product sourcing globally
Providing sales forecasts
Distribution & Warehousing
Food product development and formulation
Finding new applications by working with product development labs
French language translation
Government engagement on ingredients, label declaration & Industry comment
New opportunities from trade publications, product launches and continuous evaluation of products at CIFST and IFT conferences
Canadian honey, Ice wine syrup, Agave nectar.
Soups, sauces, gravies, concentrated bases, custom blends.
Natural yeast extracts, MSG, I+G, gluten-free tamari soy sauce, organic tamari soy sauce, Shoyu soy sauce, dry miso, dry tamari, organic dry tamari, rice syrup, mushroom powder.
Fruits & Vegetables
Pumpkin puree, conventional & organic mango & banana puree, pineapple puree, red & roasted red pepper puree, diced & whole red & roasted peppers, green & roasted green chillies, sweet potato puree, sweet potato mashed, dried legumes, preserved sliced & whole mushrooms.
Frozen IQF Fruit
Whole banana, banana slices, mango chunks, pineapple chunks.
Crab/pollock blend, raw, P&D & IQF basa, cooked duck, sliced, diced and whole cooked chicken breast.
Sweet & Savoury Sauces
Caramel Sauce, Ice Syrup, Canadian honey, Agave Nectar.
Baking powder, baking soda, yeast extracts, pan release sprays, bakery shine sprays, GMO-free bakery sprays, Activa Ti, rice crispies, marshmallows.
Fruit purees and NFC juice.
Canadian honey, Tamari soy sauces, Agave nectar.
Non GMO Project Verified
San J soy sauces.
TLS has the expert team and resources to process all back-end administrative work including financial management functions to ensure the order to cash process is executed efficiently. Our Financial Management Services include:
TLS has the expertise and resources to provide consistent, on-time delivery nationally. Our long-standing relationships with our carriers, along with the ability to consolidate outbound shipments, keep transportation costs low. Our Logistics Management Services include:
- Inventory management against forecasted sales.
- Status reports for product and replenishment needs.
- Forecast and replenishment to coordinate with production planning at your plant.
- Service level reporting.
Worldwide Procurement & Transportation
- Freight-in arrangement in full containers or truckloads translates to reduced shipping time and costs.
- Movement of product from plant to warehouse to the customer.
- Cross-border shipment: custom clearance, duties and documentation compliance.
- Optimal freight and reduced tariffs through consolidation.
- Freight bill adjudication and payment.
At TLS we are committed to providing customized warehousing and distribution solutions based on our client’s unique needs. Our wholly owned subsidiary, Emblem Logistics, adds value to the warehousing and distribution part of the supply chain management process, offering features such as:
- A 587,000 square foot, 36 foot-high warehouse.
- Dry storage: 44,000 racked pallet positions in dry, ambient storage.
- Frozen and refrigerated warehousing capabilities available.
- Over 250,000 sq ft of bulk storage.
- Maximized logistical benefits – Advanced Ship Notice (ASN).
- 75 hydraulic docks and 2 drive-in doors for efficient and fast service.
- Electric forklifts and reach trucks with fast charge technology.
- Pallet management.
- Single and double deep bins available.
- Full bin and lot controlled systems.
- Pick & Pack.
- 24-hour emergency service.
- Advanced monitored security.
- Pest control management.
- Assist in optimizing the modular configuration to minimize cost.
- Source local packaging suppliers to reduce shipping and overall costs.
- Access to a pool of skilled labour.
- Shrink tunnel available.